Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ethan Derringer

For my very first post I thought I would play around a little bit in Ethan's POV. He's the main character in my planned Dark Shadows series. I am so completely in love with him. He's terribly awkward, snarky, and really has no clue when it comes to girls.

Ethan . . . .

I always figured there was something my mother wasn't telling me about my father, but when she called him a hero, and said he died saving my life - well, who'd want to question that? He was like Batman, Superman and Spiderman rolled all into one, and I imagined him way cooler than any of those three guys. With a dad like that, life had to be the stuff of awesomeness, right? Yeah, not so much.

If you don't believe me, picture this - scrawny seven year old, god-awful thick glasses, and a story about my superhero dad and a ferocious, foaming at the mouth bear(although I might've actually said it was a ferocious, foaming at the mouth, ten thousand pound bear . . . maybe that's where I went wrong with the lie as I am pretty sure it was believable up to that point) - The only good thing to come out of that story was Bobby Hillbrook broke my glasses. God, I hated Bobby Hillbrook. But anyways, one black eye and five stitches later, I successfully became an outcast in school number two of a long list of schools I'd rather not mention or remember.

But well after those fun-filled, traumatizing years of moving around from place to place, I finally made two real friends. Yeah, at seventeen I really hit the jackpot of friendships. Collin who is fleshly challenged - apparently even ghosts prefer political correctness. And then there's Chuckie . . . the neurotic nine year old. Yet, for as weird as they are - and believe me when I say they give a whole new meaning to the word freak - what I've become makes them both look positively normal, and that's saying a helluva lot given Collin's transparency issues.

What exactly am I? I have no idea, but I will find out . . . .








2 comments:

  1. SWEET!

    I think I love Ethan, too, now! Can't wait till you get these finished, B - I'm gonna have the WHOLE collection! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan! You know how much I love Ethan, and Collin and Chuckie for that matter, and I can't wait until you finish because I want to own these books - signed copies! Loving the blog!!

    ReplyDelete