Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hunter Stone

So now for a little bit of Hunter. Although Hunter doesn't play a major role in the first book of the series, his character becomes a focal point of book 2 of my series. I love Hunter because he believes what he believes with such strong conviction and strength it drives him to persevere in the face of any adversity.

Hunter . . . .

Yeah, I'm crazy - certifiable actually . . . or at least that's what everyone keeps telling me. But they don't see the things I see. They'd rather believe a dark shadow is a trick of the light, and a flickering light, well, they blame faulty wiring or a bad bulb. Their pathetic little minds are closed to what's really out there, and eventually it'll come for every single one of them. So if I really am crazy like they say, at least I'm living my life with my eyes wide open.

From the time I was five years old I saw the Shades . . . those caught between two worlds, but didn't understand their struggle until my Uncle Jason told me of them. He also taught me how to protect myself from the others - the Shadows.

When I was fifteen, I spent two weeks with my crazy tattoo artist uncle, and in secret he tattooed every protection symbol he could think of on my arms and back. Definitely not the kind of thing a parent wants to see on their only child. Although I kept them hidden beneath long sleeved shirts and fingerless leather gloves, eventually they caught sight of one of them. From that moment onward I was never allowed to see my Uncle Jason again. Then not long afterwards, they had me committed to the crazy ward at the hospital.

But what they didn't realize - what they'll never understand is that by being trapped in this little white no window space, the Shades and Shadows are more alive to me than ever before.




2 comments:

  1. I am loving every single character from this little series and plan to get to know them all very well :D Loving the blog! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor Hunter!

    You are doing an awesome job of giving us all a feel of the characters. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete